As the world grapples with the rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, IOA is taking actions to ensure service to our customers remains consistent.
Our leadership team has been monitoring the coronavirus outbreak since it was announced publicly, and we continue to review breaking information from the CDC, WHO, OSHA, state officials, and other key organizations. Based on this information, we’ve implemented a robust response plan, which is focused squarely on the safety of our people and communities and the protection of our clients.
As part of our business continuity plan, the below preventative measures have been enacted.
The best way to prevent disruptions in service is to help our employees prevent infection by encouraging simple measures. We’ve implemented those recommended by the CDC and WHO in all of our branch offices.
We also have a robust work-from-home strategy in place that allows us to shift workloads and leverage resources as needed to prevent service disruption. We’ve made significant investments in technology and expert talent, which enables us to meet the demands of disruptive incidents, such as pandemics. Our clients can rest assured that their insurance needs can be met when they need it most.
MEETINGS, TRAVEL, AND TELECOMMUTING
As social distancing becomes increasingly important for the hindrance of COVID-19 and for the peace-of-mind needed by our communities, we have implemented meeting and travel policies that include:
- Cancellation of all agency-related visits by carriers and brokers.
- Cancellation of all noncritical work-related travel.
- When traveling internationally, confirmation of government entry requirements prior to departure.
- If travel requires passage through international airports, follow local health and safety guidelines.
- Upon return from a cruise, travel outside of the U.S., or travel to a government-identified high-risk zone, self-quarantine for 14 days.
- No meetings or gatherings of five or more people.
Updates to our response will be made when new developments warrant further action.
We think of our people and our customers like family, and we thank you for your continued trust in IOA as we meet this challenge together.