Skip to main content

Commercial Flood

Get expert counsel and the right flood coverage well ahead time.


A commercial flood insurance policy is designed to make sure your business is protected should you face damage to walls, ceilings, flooring, furniture, fixtures, inventory, and other property from water damage. However, some standard commercial policies may have exclusions you need to be aware of.

Because of the complexities involved in flood insurance, it’s important to get with an IOA advisor to examine your needs from every angle. No matter if your business is located near a flood zone or a low-lying area, expert scrutiny will give you peace of mind in knowing exactly what is protected—before an incident occurs.

The NFIP and Wait Periods

Flood insurance is often provided through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). There is a waiting period for most policies—typicially 30 days—so you will want to be proactive and have your policy in place well ahead of a potential flood event. 

Contact a Broker
Natural Disasters Involving Flooding

Source: FEMA

You need commercial flood insurance if:
  • The area where your business is located experiences regular or expected flooding.
  • Your business is located in an area where there are cold, snowy winters and warm springs.
  • There is moderate rainfall in your location during the year.

Recent Posts

Close Menu